Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

July 15, 2013: More fireworks on the eastern limb

I had a lunchtime session earlier today, and boy did it draw in a crowd. The sun was showing off some real fireworks. A forest of proms was visible at the 4 o'clock position, along with a lower-surface-brightness set at 6 o'clock. A few small ones were visible at the western limb close to where AR 1785 has gone. Just east of centre, on the southern hemisphere an AR was showing off as well. Initially, is showed up solely as knot of bright filamentous structures. Towards the end a dark spot suddenly appeared. Northwards, and close to the edge, another sunspot grew visible in H-alpha. I think I will have another look during my tea break.

Sounds good, can't wait to have a go at solar at some point :)

Now to the point, I suppose that would explain the heat wave right now, you haven't been poking at it have you ? instead of the meat on the barbeque to flare it up a bit :evil:

Archived