Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any Limousin Members out there?

haitch

Bonjour Mes Amis,

I know it's a big region so I'm casting a wide net but are there any members in the area who get together to observe? I'll be visiting the first couple of weeks in August and wondered if there's any observing groups I could tag along with or just anyone looking for company on an observing evening.

Or anyone else visiting from this side of La Manche?

I keep a C8 out there but have struggled to find a good observing spot with Southerly views (nice to get more of Sagittarius whilst I'm those few extra degrees further South) as I'm near Lac de Vassiviere with it being quite hilly and wooded.

Obviously the nearer you are to Lac De Vassiviere (at the centre of the region where the Departments join) the better. I remember there was a presentation at Vassiviere last year about preserving the dark skies so I guess there are some active astronomers over there. Unfortunately I didn't make the talk (and probably would only have caught about 2/3 of what was being said with my slow French) so didn't manage to hook up with the local astro community then.

Look forward to hearing from anyone and to making use of proper dark skies :) .

Archived