Night and day vision binoculars

All, this may be a silly question but can anyone recommend a good (not too expensive) pair of night and day vision binoculars. it's basically for viewing stars/ships and night/day animals. thanking you

What is Not too expensive ?

I have some Bushnell Nature View binoculars, the roof prism one and they are good.

I have the 8x42 but they do a 10x42 as well. Think they come in at around £160.

For what should be brighter views there are Vortex Vultures, these come in a 10x56 variant.

These cost somewhat more and I would expect around £400-500.

Depending on when you want them and if you fancy a drive (~120 mls) there is the Birdfair at Rutland Water in August. They have an optics marquee there and you can see and try just about all the models of 15-20 manufacturers. Good way to compare what really amounts to every model against every other model.

Wotcha mate ,

I have some Pentax 10x50 xcf which I use as my grab and go work bins , nice clear view and lightweight too , I'm sure they are still around sixty notes or so , work well for me :)

I use a pair of Nikon 10 x 40s which seem to work pretty well for both. I used them last night to have a quick peek at M13, M3, Saturn and M11. Then I took them to Skomer and got lovely bright views of puffins, guillemots, razorbills et al.

DD

I got a pair of the 8x60 Bresser's in Lidl a month ago and have found they are good for daytime (birds around the garden and a trip to Silverstone) but have had limited night time viewing due to the lack of darkness at sensible times. Larger aperture is always good for night skies so I hope to see more as the evenings get earlier. All for £30 too, so not expensive!

Archived