NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

barlow lens

is this barlow lens and moon filter bundle worth buying for my celestron firstscope and future scope's mabe astromaster 130eq or similar?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Celestron-1-25-2x-barlow-lens-t-adapter-Moon-filter-for-telescope-eyepiece-/160986783808?pt=UK_Telescope_Adapters&hash=item257b8f6040

and maybe this e.p!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Celestron-Omni-12-5mm-Telescope-Eyepiece-/330918851124?pt=UK_Telescope_Eyepieces&hash=item4d0c4cf234

got the bug, just need unlimited funds and i'm well away!

Hi

Don't know about the barlow but, although the ep has the Celestron badge it looks maybe an older or budget design and, if you look at the plossls skys unlimited are selling on ebay like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-25-12-5mm-50-degree-Premium-Plossl-eyepiece-/380662642953?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58a142f909 they look a bit more substantial. I have a 35mm one and it is very good. However, I can recommend picstop as a seller since I bought a new Omni XLT 120 from them for £50 less than I could see it anywhere else.

thanks for the advice so many eyepices and places to buy them from! do you get new or second hand i have been trawling the site for some insight, nobody wants to waste there money! thanks again robhatherton for your advice:)

You may want to watch out for the eye relief is of such an eyepiece. I don't know what it is for the one you quoted specifically, seeing it is 12.5 mm it is probably not going to be too severe on short eye relief, but it may be too short if you are wearing specs to use it comfortably.

I wear specs but I am happy to observe with or without them. With the stock eyepieces that came with my scope I found it pretty much a must to remove my specs to get the best out of them, but recently with the BST explorer I got, such an eyepiece works very well in both situations, it has an adjustable eye cup too, so you can lower and raise it to you desire, a great little feature I found, compared to the fold out rubber eyecup types that I have in my other eyepieces.

hey alex,

yeah i also wear specs and am comfortable with them on or off when looking through the standard eps that come with the firstscope, i am really quite new to all this and its a struggle to work out all the different points before buying, i know the firstscope is limited but its ideal for me to get out and start searching the heavens! and as my interest grows and i learn a little more! i will be upgrading the equiptment!.... if the mrs lets me that is lol

Archived