NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Feeling dismal about. The weather

Manok101

Every day since about spring it has been either cloudy or when it's not been cloudy there has been a full moon in the way, so other than the moon what can I look at on nights when it's clear but there is a full moon or for whatever reason it is just bright outside. I was thinking variable stars, or just stars, but wouldn't the moon limit the stars as well as the DSOs and planet viewing?

It's the same the other side of the pond too. When it's clear but the moon is up, it's always worth spending a bit of time enjoying it. Apart from that, double stars can be a fun pastime. For DSOs, I find globulars tent to stand up well in lighter skies.

Dave.

Lovely sunny afternoon here (Northwest UK) while I was at work. Now the stratocu has rolled in again and some altostratus to cover any breaks. Oh well it pretty much doesn't get dark for more than a couple of hours at this time of year so it's got another 3 or 4 weeks to sort itself out. Would be nice to see the light evenings while they're here though...

Archived