NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

stellarium set up

Hi all,

Iv been reading and seeing posts that you can rig up stellarium to guide your scope,Iv got the software but am wondering how this is done and what (if any..equipment) is needed?

Bungielad

Skywatcher 130p,RA motor, SPC900nc

I think the scope needs to have the Synscan goto system to provide the interface to the appropriate drivers.

Not sure if you can do it with the Supatrak system or not.

Your signature says RA motor as there needs to be drive in both RA and Dec and some form of computer interface for the Stellarium software to talk to to determine the position change of the mount.

Ronin's spot on - you can only link Stellarium to a scope with a Synscan handset or Celestron goto mounts - or other popular mounts via ASCOM drivers. Also - it is possible to do it with only RA and Dec motors but that's an electrical modification to the basic handset - I wouldn't know where to start with that - there's a website somewhere...... I'll see if I can find it. :)

Here you go - all sorts of mods on this site - you might find something you can use:

http://www.shoestringastronomy.com/

Archived