Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Light pollution filter for nikon

Hi

I am a newbie to this hobby... i do spend time in reading about the stuff... but unable to find a proper answer for the question mentioned below

i have an Orion 2" Light Pollution Filter, i own a Nikon D5000, so far i dont want to buy a Mod canon Camera with Clip in filter etc for next 6-8 months... Can someone tell me how i can fit the 2" orion filter to 18-55mm lens or 55-200mm Nikon lens?

is there a thread adapter available? i googled but did not get any info.

You will need a stepping ring to attach the filter to the lens. The ring has two threads, the rear one will be male suiting the filter thread on the camera lens ( this size should be given on the lens) and the front thread will be female to suit the Orion filter (possibly 48mm)

Hi,

As Peter has stated, you will need a step ring.

Both of your Nikon lenses have 52mm filter threads and the Orion LP filter has 48mm (T2) thread.

The following adapter will do what you require: -

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1427_Adaptor-from-T2-thread-to-M52---for-projection-photography.html

Hope this helps.

Clear Skies.

Archived