NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HEQ5 solar tracking help

Hi all,

I have a coronado pst on heq5 pro goto a DMK41 and televue power mate , i set it to solar rate and it tracks perfectly but how can i move the mount to view different areas of the sun with the synscan hand set arrow keys because of the magnified view?

any help greatly appreciated...cheers!!

Peter is correct. The mount tracks whichever object is selected, so if you slew to a new portion of the sky it tracks that new portion.

BTW how do you select the sun in the first place, it isn't in the handset. I normally select a nearby star or planet or just slew the mount round using the arrow buttons.

Robin

Peter is correct. The mount tracks whichever object is selected, so if you slew to a new portion of the sky it tracks that new portion.

BTW how do you select the sun in the first place, it isn't in the handset. I normally select a nearby star or planet or just slew the mount round using the arrow buttons.

Robin

Thank you both for your replies very much appreciated, getting to grips with everything involved is quiet a steep learning curve for a beginner as myself. I released the clutches and pointed at the sun and looked at the coronado `s built in finder then went in to tracking on the synscan handset and solar rate and enter and it tracks great. Again thank you both...cheers!!

Archived