NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which 24mm widefield EP?

A little off base, but will the 24mm be your widest FOV EP?

If so, I'd recommend you think longer if your light pollution permits... the C11 has such a long focal length that you can get away with something beastly in the 30s for a good punt. Of course, if you're using a focal reducer you'd prolly want to dial the focal length (field stop actually) down a bit, but a 24mm 82 degree or maybe a 27mm Panoptic or 30mm Aero should work a treat.

Between the 24 Panoptic and ES68... I have both (by accident, honest!) and they're practically inseparable to my eyes at f/10 and also in my little 'frac at f/6. Could be me eyes just ain't got it :eek: Either way, the ES is slightly easier/more comfortable for placement, the Panny a tad smaller and lighter.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little off base, but will the 24mm be your widest FOV EP?

If so, I'd recommend you think longer if your light pollution permits... the C11 has such a long focal length that you can get away with something beastly in the 30s for a good punt. Of course, if you're using a focal reducer you'd prolly want to dial the focal length (field stop actually) down a bit, but a 24mm 82 degree or maybe a 27mm Panoptic or 30mm Aero should work a treat.

Between the 24 Panoptic and ES68... I have both (by accident, honest!) and they're practically inseparable to my eyes at f/10 and also in my little 'frac at f/6. Could be me eyes just ain't got it :eek: Either way, the ES is slightly easier/more comfortable for placement, the Panny a tad smaller and lighter.

Thanks for the tip. I ordered the ExSc 68-degree Ar 24mm and the 20mm Maxvision. Still sorting out some minor details with the awful customer service of Explore Scientific...they're driving me nuts!!!

Archived