NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Total newbie,

claire1985

I've got a Celestron Nexstar 5SE, I've recently taken a couple of moon pictures on my iPhone and kind of got hooked, I would love to do more detailed lunar imaging, I'd love to try solar and planetary imaging too but I've no idea where to start, it's not something ill be starting tomorrow as funds won't allow but as a future project,

Any hints and tips would be much appreciated, any equipment and computer software I'd need etc,

Thank you :) x

Thats a good start Clair. as for getting started, a cheap webcam, an adaptor, maybe 40 quid tops is a good start. fire capture to record the avi and Autostakkert 2 to process, both free. add a laptop and your away.

HTH,

gaz

Thanks Gary, I've got a pc but it needs a new motherboard, is it better to have a laptop? I suppose it's easier to move it around? I've never used any kind of imaging software so looking forward to trying to figure it all out lol x

a PC would be fine, a bit awkward to use as it really needs to be beside you and the scope.

hope you have fun, but bear n mind, you are now on the (expensive ) slippery slope that us imaging.

gary

Archived