NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Absolutely no idea

Hi,

I ran one of these as a guide camera for a while and was really disapointed with the performance.

The cam is quite noisy and I could not get the software to work properly. Some of the bundled SW required registration, but this was not possible and the manufacturer told me I didn't need to. Never solved that one, but had enough freeware to get around it.

I did use it for a while as a solar camera and in video mode, I could capture loads of frames of the sun, but I was never happy.

But maybe it was me.

Now use a SX Superstar and it's much better but so much more expensive.

However, for £20 to £30, it's a low cost start into imaging

I will follow the link and if it sells well, I might add mine for sale !!

Gordon.

if this is any good but figured id post anyway. looks like a 1.3mp ccd web cam to me? £20

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item33820aa7b0

Hi,

I have the 131AG model and it is not bad, the problem with most of opticstar cameras is not the hardware but the software. Sharpcap does do a good job with it but PHD is tempremental. But for £20.00~£30.00 it is a no brainer , they reatil for about £140.00 new.

Regards,

A.G

Archived