Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mr.Whippy

Cloudwatcher

I heard an icecream van in the distance a little while ago (he must be an optimist) and it set me thinking.

Right now you're thinking "Silly twits put this in the wrong zone" but hold on a mo. The thought of one of those twirly icecreams,sans chocolate flake, reminded me of the recent images of mars on the Forum. Obviously no literally but the way the polar cap appears to stand proud of cone planet.

Is what we see an artifact or is it the morning cloud phenomena. I hope some of you Planetary enthusiasts can answer the point for me.

Cheers

CW

PS. Just had an 'orrible thought! I hope they are 'artifacts' otherwise L48 is going to be right p'd off with me if I shaved off his cloud tops when playing with his piccy! :(

And I thought you'd misspelled "Mr. Whipple," well known over this side of the pong as the grocer who asked "Ladies, please don't squeeze the Charmin [toilet paper]" for 25 years on TV. His real name was [removed word] Wilson, born in Preston, just like me, and lived in Hamilton, Ont. for years, which is where I am sitting now. His slogan is the 51st most recognized advert in history.

I'm terribly afraid #1 is "You deserve a break today."

Archived