NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

200p Dob collimation fumblings

I have just had my first go at using the GSO Revelation laser collimator that arrived last week. I was on the verge of sending it back as the on/off switch wasn't working correctly, but now bizarrely it seems to have cured itself (unscrewed the end, had a look, put it back together). So I think I'll keep it after all. Anyone else had any similar issues with this collimator?

Anyway, I digress. As it turns out, my scope seems to be well collimated, so had no need to fiddle with any of the screws etc, but I did notice at the back of the primary there appears to be the large locking screws adjacent to which are the 3 smaller adjusting screws. Then I noticed another set of 3 very small grub type screws on their own away from the other screws. Can anyone shed any light on what these do. I hadn't noticed them before.

Thanks.

Scott.

Ps. I managed to collimate the laser by sitting it on top of a four pack of cider. Very crude I know, but it worked......so I treated myself to a refreshing drink after.

(Note to self: must get/make proper device for laser collimating). :grin:

I have one of these collimators and it works great. Even when I made a bags of replacing the batteries, I managed to recollimate the collimator just fine.

Barry

Archived