NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SW AZ EQ6 handset issues

jambouk

I made a home made extension for the handset lead for my SW Synscan GOTO mount using a 5m Cat6 ethernet lead which plugged into the mount, a male to male Cat6 inline coupler (like this one http://www.showmecables.com/images/catalog/product/RJ45-Cat5e-Coupler-Straight-White-1.jpg (but a Cat6 one)), and then plugged the original handset lead RJ45 into the other side of the coupler and the RJ12 into the handset, and it all worked wonderfully.

Now I tried the same extension lead with the AZ EQ6 and the handset can't detect the mount, it comes up with "use handset in isolation mode" or something. But if I use the old AZ Syncan GOTO handset with the extension plugged into the AZ EQ6, it detects the mount, and can drive the motors albeit in some confused AZ mode.

My question is, is this down to the new handset, or down to the firmware on the new handset?

Could I flash the old Synscan AZ GOTO handset with the AZ EQ6 firmware and would it work with the extension on the AZ EQ6?

Can I down flash either handset back to drive the Synscan AZ GOTO mount once I've flashed them to AZ EQ6 mode?

Sorry, lots of questions.

James

Right. Thanks. Both handsets are flashed with v3.35

I just tried the old handset again with the extension lead and it works, and the features on the handset are exactly the same as when I use the new handset without the extension lead. So it just seems the new handset doesn't like the extension lead.

Thanks for your help.

James

Archived