Using filters in rotation in FireCapture

JamesF

I couldn't work out how to do this in FireCapture last night and I can't find any documentation that explains it, but it looks like it might be possible...

I'd like to connect up a filter wheel containing a number of filters, configure it so it knows where, say, the R, G and B filters are and then kick off (say) a dozen capture runs with each run using the filters in rotation. So the first run would use R, the next G, the next B and then back to R.

Anyone know if that's possible and how to achieve it?

James

yes its possible james i've done it in practice when i first got my DMK. i can't get to my laptop right now so can't tell you how but you can defo do it

i'm sure someone will come along before i get home and explain but if not i will update you later

sorry it took me so long to reply James

ok open up the filter wheel settings window here you can select your filter wheel and input which filter is in which position, tick the "use RGB sequence" box and the "motorized filter wheel" box and fill in the numbers with whatever filter you have in those positions, you can also input the delay between filter changes if you know how long your wheel takes

go back to the main screen and in the top right corner you will see you can select the filters in a drop down box you need to select each filter and tick the "limit" box and set a limit on no. of frames or seconds etc do this for each filter that your going to use

go back to the filter wheel settings window and in the tabs at the top you will see one called Autorun click on this here you can input how many RGB sequences you want it to take and the delay between each one once you have done that click on "press to activate autorun"

all you have to do now is click the start capture button (play button) in the top right hand corner and it should start the sequence

i hope that makes sense its not the easiest thing to explain

ok open up the filter wheel settings window here you can select your filter wheel and input which filter is in which position, tick the "use RGB sequence" box and the "motorized filter wheel" box and fill in the numbers with whatever filter you have in those positions, you can also input the delay between filter changes if you know how long your wheel takes

go back to the main screen and in the top right corner you will see you can select the filters in a drop down box you need to select each filter and tick the "limit" box and set a limit on no. of frames or seconds etc do this for each filter that your going to use

go back to the filter wheel settings window and in the tabs at the top you will see one called Autorun click on this here you can input how many RGB sequences you want it to take and the delay between each one once you have done that click on "press to activate autorun"

all you have to do now is click the start capture button (play button) in the top right hand corner and it should start the sequence

Archived