SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Bagged my first iridium flare just now

asset189

Been looking at the night sky on and off for 40 odd years and never seen one before so im rather please with myself.

Id never even heard of them ubntil recently but tonoght armed with an andriod phone with the ISS tracker app i sat outside and glued my eyes slihhtly west of north at 20.37 and there it was quite bright too considering its not nearly dark yet in Dumfries.

have to say this small app is pretty good, approx 5 seconds or so out time wise and a couple of degrees on the compass but certainly close enough to find what your looking for be it the ISS or iridium flare.

Got the app too after going to the south downs planetarium in chichester last year!

not so many passes of the ISS but loads of flares to see at the moment, i have not looked at the accuracy so could not comment on it.

colin

Got the app too after going to the south downs planetarium in chichester last year!

not so many passes of the ISS but loads of flares to see at the moment, i have not looked at the accuracy so could not comment on it.

colin

works well for iss and flares accuracy is pretty good considering im running it n a cheap device with a poor compass. think it takes the data from heavens above .

Archived