SynScan handset eq to az

Cannot help directly, but will ask what version of software is on the handset.

Some time back the firmware installed was either for an EQ mount or for an Alt/Az mount.

In effect you, or someone, put the correct version on and then that was it, you could not change.

Recently, say a year back, this changed and the firmware is dual purpose - EQ or Alt/Az - so there must be an option in the menu tree.

So if you have the older software then answer is to update it with the ccorrect version for the mount, if you have the newer version then it is a case of tracking down the option. Remember that the manuals may not reflect the new menu tree.

Had similar on a Meade and ultimately I had to press the Reset All button and start over again and renter my location as a new site, scope details and scope parameters. I could do anything except find the change mount option, and I had the manual.

Have you or anyone updated the firmware?

Hi, does anyone know how to change my Synscan goto handset when starting up in EQ mode to AZ . This is the problem im having . jim

Hi Jim,

Which mount do you have? Usually the handset auto detects the mount and gives you the right options. If you have the new AZ-EQ mount it maybe a different set up.

Regards,

A.G

Archived