Laminate for Dob mount

dark star

Hi, does anyone have any advice where to buy a laminate material for the altitude bearings of a dob mount? If possible a shop and not on line.

B an Q etc only seem to sell formica attached to kitchen worktops at around £100! Is formica any good and if so where can I buy a sheet?

I have tried a floor tile, but this does not work very well, as I had to stick a few pieces on with tape as it is not long enough and it doesn't seem to slide sufficiently.

David

Try getting a local kitchen fitter to get you some. Apart from some quite nasty self-adhesive edgings which you can get boxed from B&Q, "decent worktop" suppliers often only supply edgings with worktops. Last time I bought a length of Duropal worktop I also ordered 3 different edgings in different colours and finishes, which generated much curiosity from the delivery driver!

AndyG

Thanks for the generous offer Allan, but I will give B and Q a try, I didn't know the necessary stuff was so easy to get hold of!

I will post some pictures when I have finally finished, it has taken me a long time making the mount, but I have learned a lot!

David

Archived