Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How Many times to Stack

lensman57

Work through this tutorial (use the menu of links at the left of the page to get to each section):

http://www.astronomie.be/registax/bobspages.html

It is for Regixtax 5, but similar principles apply in 6. I found a definite improvement by running through lunar images using this process. Basically you re-do each stage a couple of times, and the second time through you are aligning all of the frames to the more accurate stacked image from the first time round the loop.

It's not at all obvious in the software how/why you loop back and the tutorial is a big help in that regard.

Work through this tutorial (use the menu of links at the left of the page to get to each section):

http://www.astronomi.../bobspages.html

It is for Regixtax 5, but similar principles apply in 6. I found a definite improvement by running through lunar images using this process. Basically you re-do each stage a couple of times, and the second time through you are aligning all of the frames to the more accurate stacked image from the first time round the loop.

It's not at all obvious in the software how/why you loop back and the tutorial is a big help in that regard.

Hi Ian,

Many thanks the link, I will study it. At the moment at least in Regisax I do a first alignment run towhich frame the software thinks is the best one to use as reference and then I would come back to it and do the proper run. As I seem to be having some problems with the processing ( I have mentioned in another post) any help is really appreciated.

Regards,

A.G

Archived