best place in Brecon

Hi and welcome to SGL.

You are fortunate to live in such a nice area, I had a holiday at a farm, high up in the Brecons back in the 80s.

How about contacting Cardiff AS - http://www.cardiff-astronomical-society.co.uk/ they would know the best places, and most clubs are very happy to help with all aspects of astronomy.

Regards, Ed.

Many thanks for your answers, myself and a mate did a bit of further internet research and will probably be going to Usk red first, as suggested. I have a very old crappy telescope and his is a bit better, we both have a limited interest, and the rest looks like a good easy place to take a flask and sarnies and set up from car. We both know we are lucky because just as we started looking for planets Brecon got it status and we couldn't believe our luck to live so close. Best I've seen so far is Jupiter with 4 moons alined a few weeks ago which was tip top. Makes you look up with new eyes now :-)

Many thanks for your answers, myself and a mate did a bit of further internet research and will probably be going to Usk res first, as suggested. I have a very old crappy telescope and his is a bit better, we both have a limited interest, and the res looks like a good easy place to take a flask and sarnies and set up from car. We both know we are lucky because just as we started with our telescopes, easy stuff looking for planets and Brecon got it status and we couldn't believe our luck to live so close. Best I've seen so far is Jupiter with 4 moons alined a few weeks ago which was tip top. Makes you look up with new eyes now :-)

Archived