NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heads Up: Cheap GPDX mount on ABS

E621Keith

He just uploaded some photos. The mount seems to be head only, not motors or even counter weights. But GPDX uses the same motor and weight as GP and EQ5 so £150 is still a bargain. The condition looks ok too.

I saw this too... I've been wondering whether it'd be worth upgrading from my GP.

As far as I can gather, it's rated with 3kg of extra capacity; not sure if that's worth it...

Does your GP have a polarscope, if not then this will be a good buy, because the GP polarscope alone cost £160 new.

According to online literature, GPDX is machined to twice the tolerance of GP and uses better materials (steel shafts and brass for worm wheel).

http://www.company7.com/vixen/mounts/gpdxgem.html

My personal experience is, go for the GPDX (assuming the inside is in good condition), unless weight and portability is an issue. Although the GP and GPDX look alike, the GPDX is much heavier.

Thanks for the info there Keith... I've got Syntrek motors + EQMOD, which I assume I could remove from my GP and add on to a GPDX. I've already got the polar scope (but no illuminator - I have to do my contortionist act with the little torch!)

Hmmmmmmmmmzzz....

Archived