Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Panstarrs and M31 over ruins

What were the settings, out of interest? I've got several sets of standing stones near me, and would love to try this, but think that either the sky would trail or the foreground would blur if I tracked. I guess this was a short exposure?

Actually it's two shots merged. Canon 5D MkIII, 24-105 lens, ISO 1600 and 60 second exposure all mounted on an Astrotrac. Once the shot is finished I pull the power cable from the mount, take an identical shot and overlay the foreground. I don't usually do it that way but with such a large foreground the second shot was necessary. For night shots over lakes and fields one shot gets all you need.

What were the settings, out of interest? I've got several sets of standing stones near me, and would love to try this, but think that either the sky would trail or the foreground would blur if I tracked. I guess this was a short exposure?

Archived