Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher dual led torch

ronb

Perhaps of use to anyone having problems with this torch.

I recently started having trouble with the torch, only one white led working until brightness control reached full on, the red not lighting up as bright as it did then the white gave up all together and the red faded to a dim glow.

I thought the battery had gone so opened up the torch and replaced it. No difference.

I traced the problem to dirty contacts on the on/off switch on the brightness control. A quick clean and back to normal working without needing a battery change.

Have to say Ron that I haven't had a problem with mine though it is a bit of fiddle undoing the casing to replace the battery! Not cheap but it does offer the ability to dampen down the brightness to very low levels to help avoid losing any accrued dark adaption. Many head torches are great for freeing up the use of your hands but the light is way too bright.

Glad you got the problem sorted though!

James

Archived