Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cannot see the comet-did i capture it?

Hi all,

I was lucky enough to see PanSTARRS with binoculares recently and also took o a number of images with my DSLR. Sadly although the pictures are of the right area of sky it seems I didget everything else wrong, as I cannot see the comet on any of them. Is there any chance using some processing, to bring it out?

As you probably have guessed, I do not know anything about this subject, so help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tina

Hi all,

I was lucky enough to see PanSTARRS with binoculares recently and also took o a number of images with my DSLR. Sadly although the pictures are of the right area of sky it seems I didget everything else wrong, as I cannot see the comet on any of them. Is there any chance using some processing, to bring it out?

As you probably have guessed, I do not know anything about this subject, so help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tina

What exposure time/aperture did you use?

Trying loading the image into photoshop or similar and try to stretch the darker colours to try to see if there is anything there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived