Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AA5 screen background colours - question

fwm891

Does anyone out there using AA5-SP1 know of a way to change the light grey background colour to a dark grey or even black ?

I've looked through the manual but can find no reference to the screen backgound colouration.

post-14748-0-60462900-1364059248_thumb.p

Thanks Jesper, Didn't think it was going to be that simple....

Forced me to recalibrate the monitor as well, but from the look of things it needed a tweak!

Thanks

Thanks Jesper, Didn't think it was going to be that simple....

Forced me to recalibrate the monitor as well, but from the look of things it needed a tweak!

Selecting a dark charcoal grey for the working window makes neutralising the sky background so much easier

As I hope this M51 illustrates:

post-14748-0-88457800-1364073100_thumb.j

Thanks

There may be some other way to do it in AA itself. I only produce the stack in AA so never looked for change of background, but it's a good trick not to clip the background I think, and your image certainly looks good! Great detail, and a bucket load of the faint extensions!

Impressive!

/Jesper

Hi Jesper, I'm hoping so. I've emailed Fabio asking the same thing. If I could dedicate the PC to astro there wouldn't be the problem but its used for other things as well (like now). I have two display set-ups now, one for astro, one for general computing. But it would be better if when opening AA5 it set itself up with saved defaults.

They have the 'night visualisation' theme incorporated already, so a few lines of code should make it possible to change the background, to a user set value, for editing as well. I do the same in PhotoShop so I don't accidently plummet too deep in the dark. I see exactly what you mean.

Let us know what Fabio says about the idea!

/Jesper

The night visualisation is good (at night) my problem is when I'm post capture processing during the day and find it better to have a dark neutral background to help with assessments.

Something like this web forum with its selection of grey's would be ideal :rolleyes:

Archived