Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

clear sky

Whooho, at last went shopping with the wife tonight and noticed the clear skies, so rushed her around Tesco's so we could get home to have a quick look through the new scope. Well I was not disappointed, did not use the Goto but lined it up with the Moon and was blown away with what I saw and just how much detail I could see. After a short while I moved over to Jupiter and that was more than what I expected, seeing the markings again put a great big smile on my face. Looking forward to setting the scope up and using the Goto and the tracking as I was amazed at just how fast these planets moved, just taking my off for a minute and it was gone. Anyway after a very quick 30 minutes I am really looking forward to spending a lot longer out next time as the inlaws have just turned up to spoil my fun. Just one question as it was all a bit rushed, could someone advise what eye piece is best to use and what if any would be a good purchase. Regards Happy Richard

Good job :smiley: I also have SW127MAK, that I bought as my first scope, I bought the Revelation photo-visual eyepiece and filter kit for mine as I was a beginner and didn't want to spend a lot so early on. Its got good reviews and around 130 quid ish you can't complain. google it and check it out. Other photo-visual eyepiece and filter kits are available :smiley: I've now started on the TV EP slippery slope.

Archived