Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CCD Imaging - Offset settings in AstroArt

Hi all,

I'm using an old version of AstroArt (v3) to capture images with my SXVF-H9 mono cam, and it seems to work OK.

I've noticed that in the 'Settings' box, there are 'offset' settings for X & Y, which are currently set at a default 0%. Can anyone tell me how it would change my images if I adjust these settings? It's such an old version, I can't find a manual anywhere.

It's just that I've had a look on Craig Stark's site regarding Nebulosity, and he says that an offset value of zero is not good, but the settings in Nebulosity are completely different to AstroArt3. Or should I just leave the settings as they are? ...or buy Nebulosity?

post-3895-0-86856300-1363348627_thumb.jp

Sorry, guys. Being a bit thick here. Just realised that 'offset' in this context relates to the proportion of the sensor to be used for imaging, and nothing to do with offset in the context of the Nebulosity capture software. Ignore me! I need some new software!

Archived