Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Frustrated Video Astronomer

djetman

Well, my frustration is not as great now as it was. The clouds have names now and I got my software I was needing. However, I have one more point of frustration! I try to reply to you folks with a "quote" and I come up with a note saying "You have more quotes open than you have closed" or something like that. How do you close a quote? By the way, we have a clear night forecast for tonight(Don't beleive it) so I'm hopeing to give the ole camera a shot.

tks to y'all

Dennis

Make sure that each quote in your post starts with [ q u o t e ] and ends with [ / q u o t e ] The square brackets need to be there, but none of the spaces I have included to avoid the character strings being interpreted as the controls to start and end each quote.

Marion (Mrs Dana)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geeeee It sounds like I'm not the only one with lousy weather. I forgot the UK gets some of that too. Guess I shouldn't be so frustrated after all.

I am using video cameras with LX 200 GPS scope and I have Sumsung SBC 2000 and SBC 4000 cameras. I've had very good hunting with both. I use a 3.3 and a 6.3 focal reducer to get a little more field of view. The results have been good. I have an SPC 100 remote controller for both. However, I was looking for software to bring it all back to the computer. Tks to Psychobilly, I have that software now. I'm just waiting for my adapter to come in. Maybe they will come in about the time the clouds clear up.

Tks for the replies all u star Geezers.

Dennis

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I was really surprised at the response. I am no longer as frustrated as I was at first. I got the software that I was looking for(tks to Psychobilly) and it works very well. I now have my LX200GPS working totally automatically from inside the house(So I don't freeze like in the past). I can control the camera, scope and focus and it is a whole lot warmer, hi. I'm in the process of making it all wireless now. I suspect I might get a little frustrated again though. I've taken some video capture of Orion,

M82, M51 and M64. None are perfect but good enough for me.

tks all

Dennis

Archived