DOA Rev 20x80's :(

Monki

My partner bought me some Revelation 20x80 binoculars for my birthday last week.

I've had my first chance to use them tonight with the sky now clear and they will not focus :( the focus wheel will continuously turn in one direction and not do anything, even if you turn it the other way it only goes half a turn. For example....if I turn it 5 rotations clockwise, its only rotates half a turn anti clockwise.

I was so excited too :(

They're from telescope house...but I'm worried because I never kept the cardboard box they came in. I never assumed they wouldn't work so I unpacked them...gazed in awe at the size and set them up with the strap, put then in the carry case and threw out the box. :unsure:

Sent from a Galaxy S 2 far away.

Thanks that's good to know.

What would give away bad collimation? Would the image look like 2 images overlapping?

I've been out of term with the tech speak for a while :(

Excellent! My partner emailed last night and they got in touch today, to organise to collect and drop off on a day of our choice/convenience :)

Thumbs up for Telescope House :D

Shame about the weather though, I've yet to see pannstars!

Archived