NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Weight Capacity For The HEQ5?

Hi, regarding the 200P some have advised The NEQ6 yet others have advised the HEQ5... When using the 200P on the HEQ5 what attachments will be usable. Am I still going to be able to use guide scopes (Im Imaging), and a guide camera or will things like this make it exceed it load capacity... even so what effect would this have on the mount... surly it won't collapse?

I used the 8" RC at 1.6m and a ED80 with the Lodestar on a HEQ5 with no major problems. But perhaps the new range of SW mounts will release NEQ6s to the second hand market. It's a question of what weight you yourself are comfortable with lugging around...

/Jesper

I originally worked with a 200p and an HEQ5 + ST80 guidescope + Canon 450d. It was creaking a bit, and not ideal but it worked! If you could stretch to an NEQ6, it would be better.

Archived