NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

CDC Continuing issues

stem1989

I posted a while back about CDC not working right,

Im still having a major issue, when I open up and ive found my star for alignment I go to sync but it will not move from the last place the previous session.

It just continues in that spot. And if I do manage to change it somehow it will start to slew in completely different directions, towards the floor when the target is a mere few arc minutes away from what the scope is 'pointing at' in CDC, Ive checked all the EQMOD data long,lat date and times etc and they are all fine.

Any ideas?

Also another issue Ive noticed is if Im on a target on one side of the meridian and want to slew over just a few degrees it starts pointing through the floor and else where again?very confused... for now I have just been imaging where CDC will let me without syncing scope.

Also deleted any align points in EQMOD as I thought this might be the issue but no luck. Its very fustrating as I get all set up for imaging session only to spend an hour trying to tell CDC where my scope is pointing.

have you cleared the sync data in ASCOM? also your coordinates have to match those that are in ascom or vise versa. all i do is park scope in home postion make sure i have cleared any sync data slew to a star by were i want to image then sync then goto the object. HTH

Archived