NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter Feb 23rd

spider72

Thanks James.

I have used 2x barlow and than I have placed diagonal between barlow and camera to extend light path and get even higher magnification. Judging from images size between these taken with and without diagonal I think I have achived about 1.5 additional magnification factor thus approx value of f/35.

Here is a version without diagonal f/24

video10rgbcomposergbcor.jpg

Hi Maciek,

Very nice for a Mak127. Most barlows achieve a slightly higher magnification than the quoted with a camera attached as the camera sits further out than an eyepiece. E.g. My 2x gives nearer 2.3, my 3x gives nearer 3.5 with an DFK/DMK.

I check it by taking one shot at prime focus and then compare the one with the Barlow, counting the pixels across the disc, or using a ruler in the software.

Robin

Thanks James.

I have used 2x barlow and than I have placed diagonal between barlow and camera to extend light path and get even higher magnification. Judging from images size between these taken with and without diagonal I think I have achived about 1.5 additional magnification factor thus approx value of f/35.

Yes, that's pretty consistent with my own experience. I use a Revelation 2.5x barlow with a 40mm extension in the back and I think I'm getting roughly the same focal length. The diagonal probably adds nearer 60mm after your barlow.

James

Hi Robin

Thanks, glad you like it and I am surprised myself with the final result. Maybe even more as seeing was quite poor yesterday and it was windy and most of my clips were really shaky.

And yes I know that with most cameras image amplification with barlows is slightly larger due to resons which you have mentioned.

I am alredy thinking to use additional extender between barlow and camera to get even better close up but I will be way over my scope optical resolution I think, but I will try anyway if seeing will be good enough for larger image amplification.

Archived