NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Now I am sure everyone is sick of collimation threads But,

alan potts

Forgive me please as I am starting a collimation thread, yes I know I should be boiled in oil or hung drawn and cut into little bits.

I PM'ed one of the sites leading lights on this and I believe because there is a collector in the maths they were unsure of what to recommend.

I have a few scopes and for the SC and RC 150 I don't need a device, the stars are good enough, I don't think there is better but I could be wrong.

I am off to the UK at either the end of April or first week in May. I want to replace the awful focuser on the Sky Watcher Mac/Newt 190mm, it is just not up to the job of holding Televue eyepieces of any size in a verticle position, nore will it hold them in well enough. How one has not fallen to the ground when slewing from A-B I do not know, now I remove them.

So, you know the scope and it's make-up, What collimator would you all recommend for doing a good job on this scope, I don't really want to spend more than 150 pounds but will for the right thing. If the all sing all dancing Hotech system fits the bill for all scopes then I may well but this.

Alan

Archived