350D serial cable

nephilim

When i downloaded bye the email told me i'd need a serial cable for exposures longer than 30 seconds, firstly, i thought u could control exposure times using bye? obviously not, secondly can anyone post a link to the cable (and any adapters) i would need as putting it into google bombards me with a billion & one types.

Steve

Hi Steve.

I believe the serial to shutter cables are generic on the EOS cameras. I have circuit, in a book. Introduction to DSLR Atrophotography. Unfortunately we are just recovering from floorboards up and many things are not yet back in their usual places!

If nobody else responds, I will take mine to pieces and trace out the circuit for you.

David.

Hi Steve.

I believe the serial to shutter cables are generic on the EOS cameras. I have circuit, in a book. Introduction to DSLR Atrophotography. Unfortunately we are just recovering from floorboards up and many things are not yet back in their usual places!

If nobody else responds, I will take mine to pieces and trace out the circuit for you.

David.

Hi David,

Thanks for the help, there just seems so many options which are probably the same thing :huh: I just dont want to buy the wrong thing.

Steve

Hi,

This is what you want, i have one from here, this guy is great will help you any way he can if you email him

http://astronomiser....300d.htm#serial

Olly

Forgot to say it plugs into the shutter release socket on the camera and then to a serial port on PC, you probably wont have a serila port so just go on ebay and get a serial to USB adapter about £3.00, you can get one from Astronomiser as well as the cable but his are quite expensive.

Olly

Forgot to say it plugs into the shutter release socket on the camera and then to a serial port on PC, you probably wont have a serila port so just go on ebay and get a serial to USB adapter about £3.00, you can get one from Astronomiser as well as the cable but his are quite expensive.

Olly

Thanks Olly, thats one of the countless pages I was directed to, i'll order that today & the adapter.

Steve

But again...as far as I know, you can do release shutter with BYEOS without any cables except the USB cable between the computer and the camera. Well, I don't know much about EOS 350D, I've only started experimenting with EOS 1100D...we'll see.

Which brings me to ask you...do you know of any tutorial on BYEOS or APT out there?

Archived