NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eqmod deadman switch

Marc1980

Hi. J

Does anyone know how i programme a deadman switch using glovepie and ppjoy. At the moment it will only slew when my selected deadman button is not pressed but it needs to be reversed so it only slews when it is pressed and if it is released the slew stops. So basically how to i reverse a digital input. I am using a wii remote and it is all working but would like the to prevent any inadvertant slews.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Marc

Sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk 2

Hi Marc,

Can't say I've ever tried it myself but could you not script the movement lock into GlovePie itself - something along the lines of :

if wwimote.B then

ppjoy.Digital19=wiimote.Right

ppjoy.Digital18=wiimote.Left

ppjoy.Digital16=wiimote.Up

ppjoy.Digital17=wiimote.Down

else

ppjoy.Digital19=false

ppjoy.Digital18=false

ppjoy.Digital16=false

ppjoy.Digital17=false

endif

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your comments on both of my Wii remote posts. I am by no means a computer wiz but I will put together an article explaining what I did to get the wii remote working through glovepie and ppjoy. Basically I just copy and pasted someone else's eqmod scrip into glovepie without making sure it matched the ppjoy mapping. So I rewrote the script to match the default mapping in ppjoy which worked.

Regarding the Deadman switch I have played with the script and tried this

if wwimote.B then{

ppjoy.Digital19=wiimote.Right

ppjoy.Digital18=wiimote.Left

ppjoy.Digital16=wiimote.Up

ppjoy.Digital17=wiimote.Down

}

endif

I will try what you have suggested. EQMOD really is an awesome piece of software so thank you for what your ongoing hard work and commitment.

Kind regards

Marc

Hi Chris,

Just to let you know that I tried that script and it worked a treat. Mount will only slew if the B button is pressed and will stop on release of the B button. As I mentioned I will put together a brief article on the setting up of the wii remote. I can either get it to you directly or I can put it on the EQMOD Yahoo under Files>Utilities>JoystickWireless>Wii Control.

Many thanks for your help

Kind regards

Marc

Archived