NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mount problems

simonf

I was using the scope tonight and i got a 'no response' error come up on the handset screen, the mount is a cg5 asgt, i'd just finished the alignment and slewed to jupiter but instead of stopping on the target it carried on going a bit further then stopped altogether, the handset wouldnt work and it came up with no response, so i switched off and on, and tried again and it did it again shot past the target and didnt stop till it couldn't go any further. I noticed this time that it was only the Ra motor that was running and that it sounded like it was struggling, i also noticed that it only did it when slewing from one side of the mount to the other, does anybody have any idea what this could be?

simon

Rechargeable batteries do not have sufficient power to run a motor properly -

Is it purpose built battery or do you use 8 AA types ?

If it is a power pack has it been left too long between charges ?

Ok it might be worth taking it to maplins to get them to test it - there pretty good.

Make sure you know the web page that has the spec of your mount before you go so they can check it out.

Hopefully that is all it will be. :smiley:

I did a search to see if anybody else has had this problem and found quite few relating to the no response error, some say its dodgy wiring or internal problems and some say its a power issue. I hope its not an internal problem as its only 4 month old and hardly been used since buying it. Hopefully its an easy fix

Archived