Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I think my Powertank as died.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey skir. Yes, without a shadow of a doubt. There is more surface area on the saddle to grip onto the dovetail so you do feel alot more confident that the whole lot isn't going to come crashing down to the ground.

At least once I sort this power problem out and get out again i'll be able to spend more time observing and less time worrying if the ota is going to fall off.

Due to the fact that my powertank died before I had a chance to do anything serious then I don't really know at the moment. I was using my anti vibration pads anyhow just to be on the safe side. With the sheer weight of the whole rig I would suggest that vibration will be minimal though.

Cheers. I'm pretty pleased with how it is all coming together. Taken some time and alot of cash as well. My new 12v powersupply arrived today, so once I have the plastic storage box for it (as recommended by various people to keep the moisture, damp, dew away from the unit) and the skies are kind once again, I will be back outside for sure.

Archived