SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tired but paitently waiting...

journeyguy

Tired but paitently waiting for Saturn to appear between my house and the neighbours, a small gap but the only possible view I can see it from my back garden. Haven't viewed it yet since I bought my telescope so quite looking forward to it.

South west england finally been getting a few decent clear skies in succession which is good!

Currently thinking about taking the scope out into the street so I can view Saturn now haha. Anyone done this before?

I've been staring at it for the past 2 hours! Incredible. Waited until 1.30 when it scraped above the mist and it became steadily clearer the higher it got. (You read about waiting till things are high in the sky, but watching something climb for a few hours really bangs it home why! :grin: )

I couldn't resolve individual rings but could (or fancied I could) see contrasting belts near the equator. Titan was clear but I couldn't positively identify any other moons. What a result - If I wasn't so tired I could've stayed out all night (helped by some prudent investing in warm clothing heheh) Just magical.

How have you got on?

I just had my first telescopic view of Saturn for over a decade!

Very nice too.

When i was a boy I used to take my scope out on the street front to get certain views. Nothing wrong with that :)

Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk HD

Was well worth the wait. The colour came across slightly greenish and I could definantly make out some small moon like specks. I'm guessing Titan is the brightest do you know?

Feel unfortunate to not be able to witness it any earlier. I had to wait until 5am before it showed in the gap between our houses haha.

Anyhow might bring it out onto the street next time and ignore the weird looks I get. Glad you guys had good viewings!

Was well worth the wait. The colour came across slightly greenish and I could definantly make out some small moon like specks. I'm guessing Titan is the brightest do you know?

Feel unfortunate to not be able to witness it any earlier. I had to wait until 5am before it showed in the gap between our houses haha.

Anyhow might bring it out onto the street next time and ignore the weird looks I get. Glad you guys had good viewings!

I didn't make the effort to acquaint myself with the moons last night. Just to be sure that you are not including background stars in the moon count you need to check with a planetarium program such as Stellarium on a PC or Sky Safari Android and iPhone.

Good luck!

Archived