Do I need to alling the finder scope each time?

Hello,

After spending more time on the scope reviews site I decided to start with a medium Refractor from Sky Watcher.

I bought it on Saturday and played with it for 2 days (off course no piece of sky was visible due to heavy rain - keep in mind I leave in East Europe and rain during this time of the year is not that common, especially not for 2 days in a row).

That meant I had plenty of time to look at the city sky line (I leave on the edge of the City overlooking North wih no building in front of me for about 500-1000m). I managed to align the finder scope quite easy using small windows from distant buildings (3-4 km away)

I found it difficult to keep it aligned. Each time I moved the scope I needed to realign it. Is there any way to keep it aligned? Should I upgrade the one that came with the scope?

Thanks in advance!

The two screws are used to adjust and align the finder, there should be a third 'pin' which helps hold the finder. Sounds to me like your missing the rubber gasket, hopefully someone else with the same scope can confirm.

Archived