SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Anyone else made a schoolboy error?

Fordos Moon

Another non-astro one, but when we were having the house renovated, me and t'other half were taking out all the old carpets... Underneath was a BIG hole in the floor where one of the boards had broken. When carrying the carpet out, I forgot to check where the hole was, and ended up walking into it...

Whole leg went straight through to the room below, and whilst I'm in agony trying to haul myself back up, t'other half runs downstairs to take photos of my leg!

Letting him have control of a camera during renovations was the biggest schoolgirl error ever!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not at all astro related but a real schoolboy error all the same - not sure if I should admit this !!

I once put 2 sets of them armband swimming aids on my ankles - I then proceeded to jump into the swimming pool - I immediately went upside down and could not turn upright - i nearly drowned :grin: :grin:

I had to be pulled out by the life guard with that big hook thing they have.

post-6511-136108855847_thumb.jpg

Oh dear!

Can I admit to pouring petrol on a bonfire - direct from the can!

Many years ago (at least 25) and too much beer!

Typed by me on my fone, using fumms... Excuse eny speling errurs.

Not at all astro related but a real schoolboy error all the same - not sure if I should admit this !!

I once put 2 sets of them armband swimming aids on my ankles - I then proceeded to jump into the swimming pool - I immediately went upside down and could not turn upright - i nearly drowned :grin: :grin:

I had to be pulled out by the life guard with that big hook thing they have.

Hate to say this but that would almost qualify for The Darwin Awards. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Concerning astronomy: Need to find 2 people I was explaning to about how to find M31 and tell them the correct stars to use, not the wrong one I got in my mind. Also tell the person stood next to me helping at the public evening that the next time she suspects I am talking rubbish that she has to tell me I am probably talking rubbish and not stand there quietly.

Archived