Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Low profile camera body or 2" screw fit light pollution filter?

K3ny0n

Ok, so its time to decide on which LP filter to buy to be used in conjunction with my Canon 1000D modded and my Megrez 90.

My current setup up is using the canon ring adapter attached my my camera, screwed straight onto the WO FF/FR then into the scope.

I've decided on a Hutech IDAS LPS P2 filter but deciding whether to buy the low profile version which fits into the camera body using a MFA (mount fitted adapter) over the normal 2" screw fit, what are the differences, if any? The only one I see is the price, £198 - £155. Same filter, different place mounted.

Any suggestions, advice or anyone who has experience with both would be great.

Rob.

I have used both version of the IDAS

I think my 2" is on holidays on the South Coast (well at least I hope it is) I used to use it fitted to the front of my WO FFIII Flattener/reducer or in the Borg adaptor set on the SCT visual port.

The inbody (MFA) version is fitted in my modified 1000D and works well both on scopes and with camera lenses for widefield work...

Peter...

Archived