NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

happy days (or nights) sparky had his first light

well happy tonight managed my first proper out doors first light , i only had just over an hour due to this lovely welsh weather.. but i hit my 1st light target , being a noob i made it easy and still having my leg in plaster i only wanted to be facing south.

but i got jupiter and 4 moons, plaedes and the amazing looking orion nebulas..

i have to say I'm hooked , everything about it is great , getting the scope out early for cooling, having a bit of food for warm before jumping in a sleeping bag (cant get my ankle cold) and sitting there looking up getting my night vision, then i targeted jupiter and was blown away,

I didn't manage to get perfect focus on anything but due to bad seeing and the fact i think i need to recollimate my sct as when i went in and out of focus the orb wasn't very well centred, and i couldn't be doing with allen keys in the dark screams scratched correcting lens..

cant wait till the next clear night now..

Nice one. :smiley: I'm still trying to sort my focussing problem out. But once I get that done hopefully I can join you in some good views. I know what you mean about the ankle the one in my cast was ok, the other one that I just strained really didn't like the cold at all though, it was quite painful by the end of the evening.

Mine really aches in the cold my whole leg does not sure if its the plates or just the fact i have got any muscle mass after 3 months.

Anyway want be long I'll Be up the top half of my garden with a fullish 360 view of the sky in my heated obs. Lol Well a few months yet but Im sure it'll fly..

Archived