Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Possibly Useful Mobile Power Source

I've found this on telescope service:- http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php?products_id=5991#desc

Now it looks like an alternative to a heavy battery, but I can't make out if you can connect a cigarette lighter type connector to it or if yo cannot how you would go about connecting that type of connector to this unit.

Has anyone got experience of this unit? Or valuable insight they can offer?

10 Ah is weaksauce, but useful if you dont plan on using much more than a small mount.

If you start loading up on heaters and guide equipment the 10Ah will drain fast and you might risk lowering the performance of the unit if you drain it too much.

I would suggest a jump starter powertank of atleast 17-19 Ah like those from Maplin.

Wot Carl said.

The TS box is OK for running a variety of relatively low power items. Phones, PDAs, game thingys, etc.

Add to that. If there were viable alternatives to heavy batteries, we would all have them in cars instead of internal combustion engines!

Hope this helps.

Archived