Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

clear-ish skys

the first clear-ish skys in a while been out with my binos and seen 5 moons round jupiter i usually only see 4 io, europa,ganymede+callisto (im pretty new to this job,astronomy) the other one was at about 5 o'clock to the rest any idea what this ones called (carnt wait for telescope shouldnt be long :)

cheers

In my experience, the Jovian moons tail out like little ducklings chasing in their fashion the big mother duck. So my guess is that the fifth moon was probably a star doing its own nuclear thing. Anyway, sounds like you had a great evening and I look forward to more reports. What telescope you got in mind?

hi qualia

thanks for your reply.

hoping to get a se6 but may have to do with a xlt 127 as funds have suddenly tightened and will only have about £500 to spend now but i belive the xlt 127 is the same ota as the se5 so still good but loosing a inch aperture maybe i should wait ! but proberbly won't :)

Archived