NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AZ4 steel tripod

enigma

I know that compatible heads will fit anyway, but I want to know is if the alignment peg on the EQ5/HEQ5 is removable or fixed like it is on the AZ4.

Sorry I didn't quite understand what you were asking. The pegs are cast as part of the head with the EQ5 and HEQ5. On the CG5 the peg is bolted in and can be removed which is what I've done as I have another alt-az mount head that does not accommodate the peg. The cast pegs can be ground off if you really need to remove it of course.

Do you know if the AZ4 tripod is the exact same EQ5/HEQ5 one? I read somewhere that they have slightly different heights (minimum-maximum).

I believe that the AZ-4 steel tripod is the same item as an EQ5 / HEQ5 Tripod so the same height.

The CG-5 tripod has 2" steel legs and is a few inches taller when fully extended.

Archived