NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heads up on Photoshop

ollypenrice

This thread from the Getting Started In Imaging board might be overlooked so I'm just repeating it. Many thanks to the OP, of course.

I regard Photoshop as essential and with useful tools not found eleswhere, even in Pixinsight.

Olly

It's not free.... It can olnly leagally be downloaded and used if you have an original license for the product. If you check most of the sources that carried the initial info there are clarification statements posted...

Here's the explanation from one of the sites that propagated the free CS2 frenzy...

"The official explanation from Adobe is that, in December 2012, it shut down the servers that handled product activation requests for CS2. Following complaints from existing customers who needed to reinstall their paid-for copies of CS2 but were unable to activate them, Adobe then released the downloads and serial numbers. In a subsequent posting on its forum, it clarified the issue, and stated categorically that the software was only for those who already owned CS2 licences and certainly wasn't to be regarded as freeware."

Of course the genie is out of the bottle... so it will be interesting to see what if anything Adobe can or will do about it...

Peter...

I have just downloaded it from Adobe tech support website to my PC at work and CS2 works just fine - no problem. I have CS3 on my laptop at home, but thought I would get the 'free' download so I can play and processes my astro-images in my lunch hour :wink:

Have you ever previously purchased a copy of CS2.

From the Adobe support Forum....

"On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated ...

You have heard wrong! Adobe is absolutely not providing free copies of CS2!

What is true is that Adobe is terminating the activation servers for CS2 and that for existing licensed users of CS2 who need to reinstall their software, copies of CS2 that don't require activation but do require valid serial numbers are available. (Special serial numbers are provided on the page for each product download.) See .

You are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you have a valid license to the product!

- Dov"

"Special serial numbers that work with these downloads are included on the download page.

However, please note that you are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you already have a valid license to the product!

- Dov"

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk HD

Archived