NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ccd camera

shirva

How are you going to digitise the image?

Usb capture device ..take it can have a bnc to rca adapter fitted

You are going to have to be more specific. As far as I know RCA and BNC is analogue and USB is digital.

I think Shirva may have a USB video capture device and this is not a problem, I use them myself. The problem is how is the camera going to be used, as a video camera with lens on or attached to a telescope without lens and a C mount adapter attached. Sorry, forgot, if the camera only has a BNC connection this again is not a problem, a BNC to RCA adapter is available, I again use them.

Jim

It says in description video composit which ties to rca and yes a usb capture card would be required to record or a monitored to view only the mount is cs so a nose cone or a lens could be fitted. The question still is it a adaqaute In opinion for astro work at 0.5 lux.

Shirva, if you are going after that particular camera don't forget the import duty you may have to pay, the other point is that as an North American video camera it will be a different video configuration to Uk, make sure your USB capture device will be able to cope with that. To be honest I have my doubts about it's usability for astronomy but if you are going to spend the money try and look for a similar one here in the Uk, less hassle if it goes wrong :)

Jim

Thanks Jim..bought a good few things from hk and had no probs not to say you cant get stung. I have bought the watec 202 on the spur of moment and found it was not that good at one lux..this at 0.5 is better bargain than a Philips spc900 at 100 pounds..I bought a usb capture device and cables nose cone and watec 202 for 60 pounds..cheaper option for anybody looking to get into astrophotography.

What did you think of it initialy..had spoke to Steppenwolf about it he has used a camera lens with adapter and says its pretty good.just starting out with this side of things ..wanted to take a step up from the Philips spc900 which is ok..but its small steps with a small bank balance lol..there are so many options open these days ,reading steves book and the equipment he started with we have a vast amount of equipment to choose from..but do we really need it or is it a case of keeping up with the Jones' s...some of the results with makeshift and cheap equipment is

smashing and a credit to them and there dedication...any better and its Hubble pictures. .my goals are modest nice pictures of the moon in varied transition some deep sky would be nice and with help from people like yourself I will get there..only twenty year to retire should be not bad by then....cheers...Davy

As said I have not used it much, there are quite a few options on it and as I just bought it as an expirement it is still on the back burner. One "camera" I do have is something I rescued from a scanner, one of those film strip thingys, took the scanner part out and it was no different to a web cam, put it in a small box and it gives me a 2592x1680 picture, about the size of two monitors :). I have that attached to another spare 9x50 finder and it gives very good results, almost as good as a QHY5, still experimenting :).

Jim

Archived