Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher 150pl and DSLR

Hi,

Yesterday I purchased a second hand skywatcher 150pl.

i did a reasonable job of checking that everything was present but a little tricky because the manual is generic and does give a list of parts.

but I gave it a good looking over and everything seemed fine.

This morning, checking it over and I wondered how you would fit a DSLR.

If I read the spec of new ones on sale it says "1.25" barlow with camera adaptor"

I have the barlow, but the manual (even the latest one you can download) doesn't mention anything about fitting cameras.

So I don't know what I'm looking for, if it is missing, whether it has only been recently introduced.

Can anyone advise please?

cheers,

Nigel

you need a adapter from your camera to a T-thread, then a 1.25 eye piece to t thread, some barlows are threaded to accept the t-thread. You can find a t-thread ring for your dslr on most sites, FLO will have it. If its a canon you need a canon one, nikon etc etc. I think this is what you were asking? >.<

Had a closer look and notice that the barlow has an external thread where the eyepiece slots in and you can unscrew and remove the 2x lens bit. I wonder if that is what they mean - the barlow duals up as a camera adaptor - so I get a T-Thread for my Canon and it will screw onto the barlow.

What do uou think?

Cheers,

Nigel

Archived