Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Telescope.

Hello,

I've been looking at buying a telescope for a while, however the more research I do the more confused I get. I thought I'd post what I'd like from my telescope and go from there.

My garden is quiet large and there is little light pollution and as an added bonus I live just yards away from several woodlands that are part of the National Forest. Big expanses of open, unlit space with a few trees dotted around. Also a few fields and parks, perfect for some stargazing 'picnics'. With that in mind I need a telescope that is portable - carried as locations are within walking distance, also it needs to be relatively easy to set up and my budget is around £200-250.

Thanks

Chris.

I'll say it now and save everyone else the hassle and we can close the thread there :tongue: .

Skywatcher 200p Dob........it's not too big that it's too hard to carry around and it's views are very hard to match at that price range. When you say portable...how portable exactly? I can carry my 10" scope a fair distance but it weighs in at 25kg, or do you mean almost 'hand held' portable?

200P dob is a very good choice.

Quick to set up. Easy to use. Good performance for £££ spent.

An all rounder in terms of object type.

If, after a while your observing takes you in a direction not suited to this scope, it will sell easily.

...i agree with the other guys, the 200P is a cracking scope (got one myself)

but... i wouldn't class it as 'portable' ???

sure, you can transport it to a site easy enough, but i wouldn't fancy carrying it more than a couple of hundred yards or so...

unless i took 'portable' in the wrong context

???

...M

Archived