NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Buy or Try??

Hey guys and girls!!

I have had my first go at imaging last week and had loads of fun. The results I do not dare show here (only to family who don't understand it, haha) since I didn't got the scope aligned, but I am very motivated to get good at this. I use a celestron c6 ngt goto and a nikon d50 at prime focus.

Since we don't get clear skies often and I'm often busy, I need to make my fieldtrips count. Should I invest in better equipment (polarfinder, autoguiding, etc) or keep trying? Can I get my cg5 mount properly aligned for good, 30 sec shots without investing?

So.... try or buy?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Ive just started in the world of AP too. As you say youve had your first go only last week, id hold off on buying lots of new kit, and just keep practising. I think its like building knowledge of what ISOs suit what target etc.

Better to not be great at something cheaply than not be great at it and spend alot of money doing it in my opinion!

Archived